I got a case 430 skidsteer I got the Main tAndem pump just rebuild and I still don't have full drive power to my wheels the seals are not blown out of the drive motors I have not checked the 2 speed spring yet I was wondering if any one else has had this similar problem
What do ya mean "full power" , also is this a pilot or mechanical controlled unit?.
430 It just powers out I. First gear tires will not spin just stays reving full throttle it will not bog the motor down and its mechanical controls
Engine rpms don't play a role in determining if hydrostatic pumps are achieving full pressure in this case the tandem pumps have 4 circuit reliefs " forward LH,reverse LH,forward RH &reverse RH" and full open pressure is 4350psi. So the likely hood that both forward circuits reliefs being the issue is pretty slim assuming both left and right tires wont spin in low spd. But let me first state that each side is basically separate from each other the right side has its own pump and motor and left has its own the only thing shared is the charge pump internally in between the 2 tandem pumps. Could your issue be a charge pump issue ?.... possible but should also be getting a red warning light in the display. How about the motors?... would have to be both left and right motors and the most common failure is the piston usually jam and lock up one side be it left or right but would also get a warning light since charge pump would be trying to keep up with all this internal leakage and couldn't keep the pressure up. And lastly Linkage adjustments?... possibly but both sides ? maybe ,...there's tracking adjustment collars that will limit the stroke of the pumps and have seen these wingle loose preventing full stroke of the pumps something you may want to inspect since from here a flow meter and set of gauge's will be required to determine pump efficiency. But either way the issue is going to have to be common with both the left and right side which really limits what could cause the problem since there really not much shared between the two other then charge pump and oil. Or your stuck in 2spd which would make more sense, 2sp =high speed low torque, low speed = low speed high torque. also tires may play a role are they solid,foam filled? or just plain jane air filled. With foam filled on asphault or a high traction surface with a bucket load. you may not be able to spin the tires .
What was the reason to get the pumps done? Any reason you didn't get the motors rebuild too? Always worries me a little not to get the mating components rebuilt as well.
430 Just normal air filled tires the tandom pump was just rebuilt it's brand new didn't fix the problem I have full power In second speed but first speed it hardly moves it self no power it just cuts out doesn't move
I thought the pump was the problem so I got it resealed and gone threw there was nothing wrong with it
1. Is the problem the same as before the pumps were rebuilt? 2. Did anything change after the pumps were rebuilt? 3. Is the charge pressure light coming on? (it turns on when pressure is below 225psi) 4. Does the machine get stuck in 2nd speed? 5. Just to clarify, the machine will hardly move in 1st, but moves fine in 2nd speed? I have had problems with the brake valve before. If this was the case, you should have low charge pressure, until you engage 2 speed. I would recommend checking your charge pressure. Should be 360psi at idle.
430 yes the charge pressure is good and no warrning lights on when its in first gear it will move but hardly even turn it just stops and i have to return the joysticks back to center and go again to make it move in 2nd speed it works okay i have herd somthing about the spring braking for the 2 speed do you think it would be causing it to go in between the first and second im thinking ill pull the drive motors maybe get them gone threw i will pull the valves out of the valve bank and clean them take a look this machine also has 5600 hrs on it
I don't believe that your issue is related to the 2 speed spool spring in the motors. When the spring breaks the following will happen: Once 2 speed is selected, the unit will stay stuck in 2nd speed, until the machine is shut off and re-started. I would inspect the brake valve. If you don't have gauges, you can cap the pressure line to the brake valve, and see if you can load the engine when you try to move. (the brakes will not be released, so don't drive through the brakes)