Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 440 can’t switch hydraulic flow direction

JL42483 · 2024-08-05 02:34

I have a case 440 . I have ran a rototiller and a brush hog on it without much problems. But now I bought a grapple bucket and I can’t open it . The momentary flow to male coupler works as does constant flow. But when I hit the momentary flow the opposite direction I get nothing no noise or anything. I chased down the wire and I’m getting power to the coil. So I tried swapping coils and still only power to the male coupler and when I swapped them I couldn’t drive the machine anywhere. Swapped back could drive machine again but still only male couler will turn on.

Replies5
  1. #1JoeLeger20022025-12-10 12:07

    I have the exact same problem. Did you end up figuring it out? Thanks in advance

  2. #2bad Tom2025-12-10 21:59

    forward wire number is 545 and the reverse number is 546, sound like the auxiliary spool is stuck in the forward position, I guess the machine does not have the foot petal.

  3. #3JoeLeger20022025-12-14 22:28

    No i do not have the foot pedal everything is on the joystick

  4. #4JoeLeger20022025-12-14 22:32

    Where is that number 545 and 546?

  5. #5bad Tom2025-12-15 09:40

    Wire numbers on the harness.