I posted this over in the CTL forum, but had no replies, figured I’d try here. Hi there, first post, so please bear with me. I have a 2007 case 440ct. Approx 4000hrs. Pilot controls. The machine starts and runs fine, but when I push the park brake button to unlock the brake, the left side track starts spinning in reverse. It won’t stop until I put the brake on. Any suggestions? I am a capable mechanic, just not very familiar with hydraulic systems yet. Any help or insightwould be appreciated.
It sounds like either your pilot control spool for that side is stuck in the manipulator.........or the left side pump swash plate is hung up. I would eliminate the pilot control first.
Thank you for your response. Based on my limited hydraulic knowledge, I was thinking the spool as well. Do you know if this is a fixable assembly?- As in am I able to get to the spool to fix it or at least assess it without complete pump disassembly?
If I had a hydraulic schematic on your machine I could tell you exactly what to do......but I dont. I am assuming you have the pilot operated swash plate control straight off the manipulator. If so, you can plug both of the pilot lines to the left drive pump and restart your machine. If it doesn't start going backwards, then there is an issue with your joystick manipulator. Take some pictures of your pump system and post them.......I may be able to tell you something from those.
Will do. I’ll try to snap some pictures of the pump tomorrow. Thank you