Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 445ct

Chace ยท 2015-01-07 16:12

Hi to all u case guys out there, Was doing snow removal last night and had an intermittent alarm come on. I have no manual to my Case 445ct but it was on the right console, hard to tell but looked like a circle with 2 arrows pointing to each other. Thinking hydraulic restriction , if i idled down it stopped and would go away. Also looking for a maintenance manual or operating manual if anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Replies7
  1. #1KSSS2015-01-07 19:39

    It actually sounds to me like an air filter restriction. They are will typically come on when the engine is running at higher RPM and then go out when the engine is brought back to idle due to the reduced air requirements. I cant remember what the symbol looks like. I have book in the shop for a 465 I can check what light your referring to exactly.

  2. #2Tags2015-01-07 20:46

    If it was an air filter restriction light and the snow you were moving was light and fluffy and blowing around it may have gotten sucked into the air intake and plugged the filter restricting the air flow. I've never had it happen on a machine but I have had it happen to trucks when plowing. Hopefully it's something that simple....

  3. #3Chace2015-01-07 20:48

    Thanks a bunch Kaiser, makes more sense then hydraulic restriction. Will check filters tonight. How do you like the new Alpha series? looked at a sr220 looks super long.

  4. #4Chace2015-01-07 20:50

    Thanks Tags, good point it was blowing something fierce last night, very possible.

  5. #5KSSS2015-01-07 23:20

    I like them, but they are long. Need room for all the BS that they have to put in them now. My brother has an SR 220, I like running it.

  6. #6StumpyWally2015-01-08 10:02

    Try here https://www.tradebit.com/filesharing.php/search/0/case+445ct

  7. #7Chace2015-01-09 11:02

    Thanks Guys, It was an air filter restriction, changed out filters no alarms in 2 nights. Thanks for all the help...