Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 450 Torque Converter

fishingbucks · 2023-06-30 10:38

I took apart my tc to reseal and there is no flex plate. Functioned perfectly before disassembling just leaked. It is a very early case 450 (1967). I know there were some differences in the early ones but did they not have a flex plate either? Wondering if it was not installed the last time it was taken apart. I know just enough to be dangerous and I’m following the manual. Please help.

Replies3
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2023-06-30 19:20

    The early models had a fiber gear that splined into the flywheel that drove the TC

  2. #2Tinkerer2023-07-02 14:08

    It seems strange that the flex plate is mentioned in the service manual. Says it was introduced at a certain serial number. But not one word about the fiber gear before that serial number. I couldn't see the gear in the parts manual either.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2023-07-08 21:19

    I think the internal gear is with the flywheel in engine section