Does anyone know what this noise is. The grinding/squealing noise just started. I started it up and after about five to ten minutes it started. Its coming from under the seat area. Don't know if its a pump or the transmission or what. Anyone who has heard this before and can help...I would greatly appreciate it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJceZUwr_o If you copy and paste the above link it will go to my youtube video of the dozer making the noise.
Welcome to HEF rspiker! The noise seems to be happening when the driveshaft is turning, even when machine is not moving. At around 50sec mark on the vid this is evident. Does the driveshaft have any free play? Does the input shaft into the transmission have any movement? I would be looking at the 2speed / mainshaft area for bearing problems. Sorta sounds like gears making contact in an improper way...... Drain the oil & pull the transmission suction screen & see if anything shows there - & STOP DRIVING THE MACHINE.
I will try to do that this evening thanks for responding and giving me a place to start I really appreciate all the help I can get.
Do you think it might have anything to do with the transmission relief valve? I can put tracks in neutral and push forward or reverse lever and it still wants to move even though the tracks are in neutral.
For the machine to drive while in neutral, there is a problem in a clutch pack which is causing it to be permanently locked up, most times a broken plate. Can you raise the machine off the ground & see if the neutral drive problem is in one side only or both??? ... a relief valve isn't your problem...... sorry
It acts as if it wants to pull from the right side more but they both move.That sounds about right tough. I checked the drive shaft. its ok. It doesn't do it all the time it acts as if it only wants to do it at high rpm and or under pressure. Thanks ill dig deeper into it I guess like all the way to the clutch packs.