Has anyone had as many problems with their 450 as I have mine? Ive only got 621 hours on it and I had to replace both front idlers friday($600 e/a) It constantly has new hydraulic leaks evertime I take it out, parking brake wont disengage most of the time without a fight...Nothing but junk.. Anyway, does anyone know what type of oil it runs in the idler bearings?
The parking brake issue is an easy fix. It is most likely the console. $300.00 for a new one. If your machine is having problems I would speak to the dealer and then your regional service rep. for your area. Sometimes they may help you out if your not abusing the machine. The guys that have CTL's here which most are 440CT like them. Sorry to hear your not having good luck with them. I have yet to find a machine that I like as well as a CASE.
Hi Term, I have a 445 . I had one rear idler go. Same deal $400-$600 depending where. My mechanic took it off , sawed and chiseled the bronze bushing out (because theyre poured in) . Then we bought a bronze bushing for $4.00 and pressed it in. Works great that was 150 hours ago. Another thing we do is remove the allen screw on the idler center , then screw in grease fitting. Pump grease all around the bronze bushing then remove grease fitting and put set screw back in. THe owners manual doesnt say this but it is the answer to making your idlers last for many hours longer. Mine stuck in park a few many times. Double check your adjustment on the lap bar to make sure it is disengaging the brake . ALso theres another safety lock for making sure the cab in down in place. We ended up removing this safety switch becuase it was a problem. doug
Heheh, the parking brake problem is the switch for the cab lock. I just havent had time to go get a new one. The guys say they have to put a quarter under it every time they want to run it If only I could get out that cheap...LoL..As far as abusing it, its not abused at all. We only run a small milling head on it and push a little dirt once and a while. I was looking at the shaft that come out of the idler and it was bent so my guess is someone may have run up over a curb a little hard and bent it then it just rubbed and wore itself out. I have had just the worst luck with this machine and do not plan on owning another one. Ive got an older model 1845C case and never had any problems with it until it got over 4k hours. Ive had two T300 Bobcats and never could seem to get over 1300 hours without the damned motor or drive motors messing up. Tried a CAT skid steer recently and was pretty impressed by it.
Term what model cat skid steer did you run?? Bobcat also fixed there drive there motor that was happening in the older models.. Sell the case if you hate it
You always want to hit curbs or other hard object carefully and slow, i have heard a few people say that curbs are ctl killers. Not only can you do idler damage, you can also break a chord in a track.
Just wait until one of your track final drive motors goes out. Usually due to low oil, so check often. I replaced one on my 440CT for $4700.00. Not sure if its the same motor for a 450CT. I came across (4) final drives in an auction and bought all four for $2500. Give me a shout when ya need one... I no longer own the loader they go to. Story of my life!
kent, i need one of those drive motors if you still have any, please email me at [email protected] or the email in my profile. thanks. i have a 450ct, and hate it.
Hi Tim, I responded via email. I do have 3 left. you can view a few pics of them in your mail and verify the part number. Just message me back if you can use one (or more)... thanks
450ct My first 450ct had so many problems in the first 1000 hrs. I had to trade it in! The dealer did meet me in the middle with the diference. This 450ct is 4X the first machine was, lots of power, way better on fuel, no burning engine oil. However the under carriage does NOT have what it takes to last. To date I have replaced, front idlers, rear idlers (twice), sprockets (twice), tracks (twice). All with oem parts. Now it looks like the rollers need to be replaced. In 3 years, I must have spent well over $20k on repairs to the undercarriage.
:Uhg...took and hour to get the machine out from under the shed and on the trailer this morning...Think I will try replacing the console next and see if that helps. I was pretty sure that it was the cab sensor, but that doesn't seem so anymore...the ol' quarter trick doesn't seem to work as well anymore :Banghead
Same issues I have a 450Ct and am having the same issues, replaced both the lap bar sensor and cab sensor, also the seat sensor. Now it looks like I am gunna go with the panel. Is there any way to bypass the seat bar and cab switch?? To diagnose?
derek111111, try to loop the circut. Make a jumper wire(s), and determine if it is a normaly open or normaly closed circut. Find the in and out wires to the switch, by pass, and see if you regain the function.
Hey do you happen to have any drive motors left? I also need one for my 450ct? Please let me know
kent yhis is randy i need a drive motor if you still have any let me know [email protected] thanks randy
If no one has any drive motors for sale- can anyone point me in the right direction to try to get mine rebuilt?? I need to do anything to avoid buying a new one.
I have a 450CT in the shop right now with a drive motor out. On the early machines, they used Rexroth drives, and there is a bulletin out that they are no longer available, nor rebuildable thru Case parts. We actually went direct to a Rexroth dealer to get the few parts that were still available, and then took it to our local hydraulic repair shop to be fixed. It was either that or buy a whole new motor, which is around $5K.
Do all of the case ctls have this problem? I have been thinking about trading for a used 445ct, but may look at something else if they have drive motor problems. I have been fighting this same problem on my 75xt. Is there a year range to look out for? Or all of the case drive motors junk?
The Bobcat drives use Rexroth as well. The reality of this issue that these drives are purchased off the commercially available shelf and the options available to any OEM are not what anyone would like them to be. They are not as efficient as they should, and they build heat. The CASE machines which make more torque than anything outside of a PT100 likely doesnt help this issue. The 445CT is lesser powered than are the 440 and 450CT. I would expect the drives to last longer on that machine.
kent i have 07 440ct need final drive do you have any left or parts???? thanks grant please email me at [email protected]
if anyone has info on 440ct final drives, parts,used ,new , were to get best deal, would appreciate ,thanks grant
had trouble with brakes not releasing turned out being the ignition switch one half burned out still started
If your buying case buy a wheel loader. I have seen nothing but problems out of the case track machines, problemed drive motors, idlers, electronics, and very poor dealer support kept me from sighning on the dotted line.
I am in desprate need for a final drive for my series 3 450ct is there still one available? Thanks.
Case dealer told me yesterday both parking break and drive motor problem were fixed in 08 and newer
egsteen Have horible problems with both on my 08 definatly not fixed. I think that is why they came out with the new series of skid steers.
Case Parking Brake STUCK again! I have had this same issue regarding my parking brake sticking and I have had it in to be fixed twice now! I am loosing my patients! My next step is to find a console for a Case 90xt 2004. Can anyone help
Have you had any troubles since?
Good luck!!!! i tried everyone. Had it at our local hydraulic shop for 2 months and they were stumped!!!! and gave up. I finally caved in a bought one from a case dealer in another state for $5600. it took me forever to track one down though!!! Now i need torque coils- which are made by sauer danfoss and of course case charges like $200-$300 when i can get them from sauer danfoss for $14!! but the problem is i have to wait 4 weeks because sauer danfoss has them in italy.
I have a 450CT with a final out. Am very interested in one of yours if it is applicatable. Thanks Sleeper71
Wow note to self stay away from case.
I ordered a new CASE tracked machine. CASE made changes to the CTL drives to address these issues . While I agree these problems shouldn't exist in the first place, they do, and no one is immune (CAT Perkins engines, MTL track/undercarriage wear isssues, CTL detracking, E/H issues/Bobcat's E/H, drive motor failures, the entire 864 machine, JD's 200 series I, II and on and on). I have bought numerous new CASE machines. I had XT machines when they first came out and the 400 series when they first came out among them. Having run the product for almost 20 years now, based on past experience, I know that if there is an issue it will be taken care of.
Final Drive out in our 450 CT, second to go in a year, Case wants > 7,000 for same. Do u have any left, and could u call if we left number for u to reach us?
Kent, we could use final drive for our 450CT, any left?
A heads up for those of you in need of drive motors - I had one of the planetarys go and damage the other planetarys, the sun gear, and ring gear. I priced all the parts and was over $2700 in parts. These guys got me a reman (they do them in house) and with a core exchange I was $3200. They are excellent to deal with - give them a call if you need a new drive motor or any other undercarraige parts, or pumps: www.loaderpartssource.com They are in Elkhart, Indiana.
Around how many hours are logged in when you have had these final failures? Did you do the break in change? How often have you changed the gear oil? Do you operate more in low or high range? Do you check track adjustment on regular basis? Just curious to what others do. What seems to be the biggest failure in the entire drive. I have a 420ct with approx 400 hrs. Thanks for the replies. Tom
See what happens when you respond to the thread here!! I just ran into a new problem today - one of the Saturday kids was washing the machine out, and went to move it when he was done. Made it about 30 feet and "it died". Thinking it was a water issue, I've dried out all the safety connections, fuse box, relays, etc. Display lights up when you sit on the seat as always, but turn the key to engage the starter, and nothing happens. It reads "ACC" on the display, as if the key were turned back to the ACC position. Pulled the ignition out - it all checks out fine. The starter relay does click when the key is turned - but can't get it to fire up. Not sure where to go with this one - I hate chasing electrical issues....
Rexroth Travel motor That drive motor is rebuildable and you can get parts. It took me 10 days of searching but I found all the bearings and seal for less than $700. Getting parts from Rexroth is rediculous for price and almost never in stock. Case did not negotiate w/Rexroth for OEM parts and therefore tells you it is not rebuildable so they can hit you for $5k on a new track drive motor. John Deere has the same thing going on with the same Rexroth motor. I have a complete set of engineered motor plans and parts list. E-mail me [email protected] if you want info.
Welcome to the Forums TheDirtGirl!:drinkup
i have had case skidsteers for years and have switched from bobcat simply for performance which of course means getting done faster. i have just bought a 08 450ct-3 with 600hrs will i be sorry
Keep the oil changed in the final drives (my book in my TR320 says every 50 hours). There were durability improvements made I was told from the older CTs to the newer ones concerning the drives. Rexroth builds these finals for everyone practically. They are not perfect. Keep the undercarriage clean (mud caked in and left builds heat which is bad). The S-3s are nice machines. I am sure you will be fine.
Drive motors Thank you so much for the advice I'm going to change the oil right away what do you recommend (synthetic) maybe the brand even I hope I don't regret this purchase
I think synthetic at the weight recommended in the book would be a good choice. I am curious what the change interval is recommended on the 450. If you have a manual with the machine perhaps you could post what they recommended for the 450-3
CASE builds a quality unit. The 450 CT and wheeled have some of the fastest cycle times in the industry for that size machine. That machine has 285 foot pounds of torque the only machine with more torque is the ASV PT100. The S-3 cab is comfortable and much improved over the 1st series 400 machines. The push power of the 450 is incredible which you will soon find out. The weak point with all CTLs is the drive motors regardless of what color the machine is. Since there is few options nearly all OEMS use Rexroth. I have a friend who is a destructive engineer for a major OEM. He laid out the issues with those drives. The issue is at this point no one is building a better drive motor. So it appears the best solution is changing the fluid often, and keep the drives clean.
Looking for motor/drive also.
People tend to lose track of time or simply don't have much of it to spare for maintenance. But if you change your hydraulic fluid, filters, flush the planetaries and use recommended fluids routinely, these issues can be brought to a minimum. When buying a used machine, it's always best to change out all fluids, grease all fittings, regardless of what the previous owner/dealer says. If you are buying a new machine never put faith in a $25p/h shop employee to confirm your machine is up to snuff. Always educate yourself on the maintenance intervals of your piece of equipment and read the book. If you have no book, find one, it will be your best friend when issues arise.
I purchased a 1997 IT14G with 2 speeds, 1. creep-mode 0-6, energizes creep solenoid on drive motor. 2. Creep-lever all-the-way fwd moves over rollover switch de-energizes creep solenoid (mounted on drive motor) allowing 0-12. Been told Rexroth pump & drive motor.. Hydrostatic Wanting to road this machine at 22mph per machine specs. Does anyone know if I need to swap (change-out) theses solenoid-valves on the motor per pics? Or any other info to go 22mph??