Hi guys My 465 will not hold the curl or the lift, both drop slowly, my loader valve has the self leveling valve built in, I had this problem before any work was done. checked all 4 cylinder's replaced hyd pump, wore out changed hyd oil and filters, flushed system the best I could pull the valve assembly replaced all the O rings, flushed completely. several of my backing O rings were destroyed, so I figured this was my problem, not the case. I think the problem is in one of the cartridges, but at 500 each I don't what to guess, but that's where I'm at now GUESSING!
I wonder if the emergency loader valve is stuck open.
No I checked that, seems to be fine .Thanks for the response
Might try buying a service manual. You can get one on a disk for less than $100 on ebay. I haven't bought one for my skid steer yet but did buy one for the dozer. Some of the test procedures surprised me, they are pretty straight forward and easy to do. If you don't know what to look for you can spend a lot of money quick.
Did you get it fixed? Please let us know what it was if so.
No I did not fix it yet but I'm getting closer, I pulled my circuit relief valve cartridges, compressed the spring and cleaned the seats, some small particles came out. retested the machine, fixed the lift circuit, but the curl still drops.So I'm going to replace the curl cartridges, I feel confident that this is the problem, seeing that my pump was releasing metal flakes into the system for some time one finally got caught. By the way this is a 95 xt and it has 1400lbs of counter weight on it, so these relief valves get used more often than they should .Thanks for the help.