2005 Case 465 right side stick only moves forward / back. Physically cannot move it left or right to tilt / dump the bucket. Operator said was running normally when he parked it a month ago when I performed a parasitic draw test & installed a battery cutoff. Yesterday he called me for a no-crank condition, I replaced the 30A ignition fuse which was heavily corroded. Everything functions normally now except the bucket. The control lock button does nothing but the red light does come on if I press it. The manual override lever on the right console is held in place with a large bolt so I am assuming at some point the lift function failed and they chose that instead of replacing the lockout solenoid. I know the issue must be inside the valve body but my main question is will the lockout solenoid physically stop the control stick from moving? When the parking brake is on the machine will not drive but the sticks still move forward / back, not physically locked. I'm suspicious that I may have disturbed something else in the fuse panel when doing the draw test. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Yes the lockout solenoid drops a pin into a slot in the spool physically locking it.
Thanks for the info, that helped. Solenoid checked out ok, released the stick with 12V applied. I thoroughly cleaned all the relays and terminals in the relay block and it is working good now. Unfortunate side effects of northeast weather on an outdoor machine.