Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 465 series 3 hydraulic help

ddunbar1983 ยท 2019-12-09 14:00

I have a 2008 Case 465 Series 3 that is having issues with the aux hydraulics. The machine runs great and moves great. The arms go up and down easily and the bucket tilts and lifts without issue. The problem arises when i hook up other attachments that require aux hydraulics. The motor bogs down and tries to die anytime i move the aux pedal. I have replaced the fluids and all filters and the problem still exists. Any ideas what may be going on? Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2019-12-09 19:39

    It sounds like the hydraulics are dead heading. The 465 would do that if the hyd. aux switch was activated with nothing attached. If it is doing it on all attachments it would seem to be the machine. I am not sure what would cause that, maybe a coupler is bad on the machine or some kind of valving issue on the aux circuit.

  2. #2ddunbar19832019-12-09 20:07

    Thanks for the feedback. I'm kind of at my witts end with this issue

  3. #3mikebramel2019-12-14 14:27

    Loop the aux hoses w/o the couplers.... If fluid runs through and no load on engine... bad qcoupler