Trying to get a leg up on a repair. Lost steering on my Case 480b as fluid poured over my left pant leg and boot. Had to leave straight away to come home, so it sits at my place 4 hours away. I understand that the steering system is closed and that the fluid loss really can't be greater than a gallon. I am thinking a blown hydraulic hose leading to the steering valve that would divert the hydraulic pressure to the front cylinder. Has anyone had luck replacing some or all of these with Tractor Supply lines? If so, are there any pointers you have to offer? If they do not fit, where would you order replacements? Sorry for the elementary questions. Thanks in advance!
I doubt if you can purchase any ready made hose to fix your problem, even if you tried to order genuine hoses from a Case dealer, I doubt if any would still be available to suit a 480B ...... but you don't really know till you ask I guess. Usually, if a hose blows, you would remove it as a sample & take it to a repair shop to have one made. Or call a mobile hose repairer & they perform the entire repair on site - but that obviously costs more than the diy remove & refit.
Sage advice.... Thanks, alrman! That was my first thought, but like you said... you never know unless you ask!!