I have replace the stering cylinders, the pressure pump and the stering valve with new or rebuilt parts. The pump test out at 1900 psi @ 2000rpm. The presure at idle is at 150 psi. I have preformed the pressure test that the manual asks for and it all checks out. Yet I still do not have power sterring. The old stering valve had restrictor fittings in both the left and right ports, I re-installed them on the rebuilt valve. I have triple checked the connections to the manuals drawings. Is there some detail I have over looked?
150 is way too low for steering at low idle, E model I believe had a remote mounted steering relief valve, (not sure about D model) like a T fitting in the line. If that relief valve is stuck open or spring is broke you will have low steer pressure.
the 150 is the low setting for the relife valve that is inside the p.s. pump. When you turn the stering wheel the pressurer will start to increase up to 400 at idle. I checked the manual and traced the lines and found no hided relife valve.