case TCH was the original fluid back in 1989, ok to use the modern more available Hy-Tran Premium fluid? I believe the shuttle takes 8 quarts? Thanks.
Yes, but only the genuine Case IH brand Hy-tran, not anything generic. I run TCH in my 480E because that's what I keep in stock since my dozer also uses it. Your Case dealer should have a fluid compatibility chart, many of the TLB's can run Hy-tran, the dozers strictly TCH. Our Case dealer always has TCH in stock, same price or a little cheaper than Hy-tran IIRC.
Thanks I will try to find genuine TCH around here, there aren’t many case dealers though. Maybe find it online and just pay for the shipping.
no TCH available from "local" dealers, so I'm going with the hy-tran fluid. online dealers list TCH fluid but when purchasing shows the same part number as the hy-tran so go figure.
Here's the Case Oil Chart for the 480E
Perfect! Thanks. Local dealer only has hytran premium and not ultra? Same stuff?
Yes same stuff.
This oil has been called these names in order they came out. Hytrans, Hytrans+, Hytrans Ultra and Hytrans Premium. Different additives, slight viscocity change if I remember.
Did the fluid change today. Old fluid wasn't burnt and was relatively clean looking. Maybe a little thicker in viscosity. Trying to get a baseline for maintenance as I just acquired this hoe last fall. When draining the TC, the plug was missing for access port. Any idea what size plug this is? I'll try to look it up in my service manual.