Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 521D no 4th gear

Mobiltech ยท 2018-11-27 09:32

I have a 521D that wont go above 3rd gear .Dash shows number 4 in middle but only 3 dashes on right side light up. This loader is new to me so im wondering if its just programmed to limit 3rd only. Any input on this would be great . Serial number jee01417xx

Replies4
  1. #1Mobiltech2018-11-28 07:41

    Any case guys with some input?

  2. #2alrman2018-11-28 19:34

    Sorry I can't be too specific here as I don't have any info at hand on these. I would look at the speed sensor - on earlier models they would prevent 3rd & 4th from engaging when they failed...... your's is only 4th..... Also, you need to look at the coil/s resistance at the transmission control valve. Once again I can't be too specific, as there maybe a combination of coils energised to gain 4th gear. So, if no one else chimes in here, a service manual is really your best bet........

  3. #3Mobiltech2018-11-29 07:20

    Ok thanks. I think it is limiting it through the control. I found a clutch chart and I will check the coils.

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2018-12-11 11:35

    Have you found your problem and repaired yet? One other thing to consider is that you need to make sure the trans controller doesn't have 4th gear locked out.