Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 521D Wheel Loader No Crank

MFCustoms · 2022-04-02 12:36

Good morning everyone. I’m new to the forum so I hope that I’m following proper procedure here; if not please don’t beat me up too bad over it. Im a heavy equipment mechanic and just started at a new place about 3 months ago so there are naturally machines that are new to me. I’m working on a Case 521D Wheel Loader that will not crank. The gauge for the oil pressure is blinking with one bar, the red stop light is on, the parking brake is on and there’s a constant chime approx every 15 sec or so. Also, there seems to be no communication between the transmission ecm and the info center as none of the displays for the transmission are showing on the screen. The machine will not crank. I’ve checked all of the fuses and relays, checked and tested oil pressure switch and pulled codes (70-90), which were: 47000: CAN Interface failure 86060: Info Center Reset 46246: Clutch Adj Data Lost I’m not exactly sure on how to proceed as I do not have the ability to execute AEB. Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated thank you

Replies3
  1. #1mekanik2022-04-02 17:13

    I have no experience with Case loaders. So someone will chime in soon I suspect. The first fault CAN Interface Failure is where I would start. CAN or Controller Area Network is the data link that connects all the modules on the machine. There will be a module that needs to see a neutral signal from the transmission before it will allow a start signal to be sent to the starter solenoid. The CAN harness a pair of twisted wires may be damaged disconnected or shorted to ground. Its easy to test with a multimeter. There should be a data/diagnostic connector probably in the cab What does it look like?

  2. #2MFCustoms2022-04-04 09:44

    Thank you for your reply. I was able to isolate the circuit to the transmission (fuse A) but have not gotten any further.

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2022-04-05 10:24

    Have you checked connections in harness at cab floor plate and ground connections? Where did you get your fault codes?