Hello Everyone, This is my first post in this forum I have a 1964 Case 530CK Backhoe with the Model 32 loader, model 32 backhoe and 188 Diesel Engine The question that i have is that my uncle years ago switched out the generator for one that did not have the Tach drive I found a Generator on Ebay that I won that has the tach drive on it, it has a stamp on the generator GJT 7106 which i checked shows that it is for a Gas engine. Will this still work on the diesel engine?
i have been told by a couple of people that can remember them new in the 60's being junk, told me the tach cables break and the tach's fail. look around at all the old 530's and see that lots of them have like 700 hours on them. that is about how long the cables lasted. i don't know about the interchangeability.