Ive been using the search option for the past week. I need your guys help. 1997 Case 570lxt. 1978 hrs. Was Running fine. Hopped off for a few hours, Got back on and it only moves a few feet and then continues rolling in neutral, it doesn't matter if its in forward or reverse. It will not rengage until it settles. which usually takes only about thirty mins and I can get back on only to move another few feet. What I have done so far. Replaced FNR lever Drained Transmission Fluid- No metal shavings came out. Looked dark Brown. Pulled Transmission screen- no metal, little bit dirty. Cleaned and reinstalled. Pulled off the Transmission Control Valves- Cleaned, inspected. All springs were there, and all circlips are intact. No missing parts. Replaced Shuttle Interlock Timing Relay- NO change. UNplugged 4wd, checked fuses. Clutch button on both gear selector and front bucket joystick still work. Im stuck.
Welcome to HEF @Trop570 ! It seems like you've done your homework on this. I am assuming you have replaced all those parts with new parts? When the machine stops driving you need to ascertain if the electrics for the transmission control valve are still working. With the wheels OFF the ground, firstly with engine off, test power at the coils while engaged in forward, you should hear them clicking while the FNR lever is cycled between neutral & fwd. Then test if power is present at coil with engine running. If the electrics still check out OK, you have a pressure problem. If you have a service manual, carry out pressure tests first. I'm sorta betting on a bad charge pump........
All Parts mentioned were replaced with new case parts. When you say coils, you're referring to the solenoids correct? I do not have access to a service manual to follow out the pressure tests. Ive also tried searching for that with no avail besides spending a pretty penny. Now the charge pump, is that inside the transmission? Just trying to prepare for the worst.
Yes, the coils operate the solenoids. To replace the charge pump the transmission has to be removed......
[QUOTE="Trop570, post: 774153, member: 74464" I do not have access to a service manual to follow out the pressure tests. Ive also tried searching for that with no avail besides spending a pretty penny.[/QUOTE] They are sometimes available on ebay for less $20.00 on a CD. https://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-580-5...NUALS-SERVICE-ENGINE-MANUAL-pdf-/262778865117
They are sometimes available on ebay for less $20.00 on a CD. https://www.ebay.com/itm/CASE-580-5...NUALS-SERVICE-ENGINE-MANUAL-pdf-/262778865117 [/QUOTE] I’ve seen them for series 2. But not for a series 1. I do intend on buying one.
It looks like they share the same parts catalog.
When you said that you checked the shuttle interlock relay did you check the neutral relay also? As Tinkerer said check voltage to solenoids as you shift the FNR lever and check all connections in wiring harness. When I worked on these machines that problem was usually the neutral relay and shuttle interlock relay, I always replace them both.
Airman is a wealth of case machine knowledge and I’m glad he still comes by to offer help to us I had the same issues you described. My $ is on a relay losing contact or a wire behind the terminal that’s loose. That relay terminal under the loader control has a nasty habit of losing connection with the terminals. Mine had the wires behind siliconed to prevent them backing out. I removed the cover and as I would be working if it went to nuetral I started wiggling the relays and it would pop back into gear.
So here’s and update, still not working. I went ahead and bought a service manual on Monday. It should arrive tomorrow. I took the solenoids off to make sure they were still working properly and reinstalled. They were so next I’m going to check voltage while it’s running. I got the wheels up in the air and if I switch to forward or reverse they move ever so slightly in the direction they are applied to. I also went on to check transmission pressures and they were reading past 50 on my gauge. So I have a new gauge on order because that just didn’t seem right. Also bought the gasket kit for the control valve which included the spring and ball and no notable changes.