Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 570MXT Box Scraper will not lift

JonNM2001 · 2018-10-02 15:57

Hello all, I'm a complete newb to this type of equipment (and hydraulics) so please be gentle. I haven't used this Case 570MXT for a couple months. It was previously working normally. When I attempt to raise the box scraper, I hear the hydraulic pump working and the hydraulic hoses "move" a little (like pressure is being applied) but the hydraulic cylinder will only move a very tiny amount (practically zero 'force'). When I change the box scraper angle, the lift cylinder/ram moves in and out (does not maintain position like it normally would). All other hydraulics (bucket and scraper) are working normally. Can anyone point me to where the problem might be? I'm happy to run some tests/provide more info to help diagnose the issue. I have the parts manual. Thank you VERY much! Jon

Replies8
  1. #1Dave Neubert2018-10-02 16:42

    Check the main relief valve

  2. #2JonNM20012018-10-02 18:40

    Thank you Dave. Terribly sorry... I really am out of my element here. Looking at my parts manual, I believe I have Case part number 392413A1 (“VALVE, CONTROL, Three Point Hitch; Four Spool; Models With Switch On Lift Spool; For Lock Valve”). I'm not really sure where the 'main relieve valve' is but if I found it, how would I check it?

  3. #3Dave Neubert2018-10-02 18:48

    Look for blown o rings or something caught in the seat

  4. #4Dave Neubert2018-10-02 19:07

    Looked in parts on line it shows the valve but don't break it down into seperate parts the relief valve will have a hex on it and have a smaller hex or allen on the end of it

  5. #5JonNM20012018-10-03 07:27

    Thank you Dave!! That helps a lot! I'll see what I can find.

  6. #6JonNM20012018-10-03 16:29

    I removed the relief valves on the lift spool section and lock valve. They were both clean and seals/o-rings were to be in good shape. In an attempt to find something, I disconnected the electrical connection at the lock valve and the behavior described in post #1 did not change. Further, I disconnected the wires from the pressure switch at the spool section and still no change. Might this indicate something useful (like a bad solenoid)??

  7. #7Dave Neubert2018-10-03 17:36

    Sorry I don't know how your hydraulics work if they are controlled by solenoids I would check them or a switch or relay that works with them. You might need a service manual to help you trouble shoot

  8. #8Coy Lancaster2018-10-04 08:21

    It sounds like you have a circuit relief valve that is stuck or has trash in it for scraper lift section. You need to check pressures on machine and also test your cylinder itself.