Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580 B

cat320 ยท 2004-04-15 21:51

A freind of mine is buying a case 580B with an extendahoe on it .Will be paying around $8K for it says the guy who owns it now went tru the whole front end of the machine and is like new .Looked on machinary trader and people are asking more for the same type of machine I just feel it's way to old to be getting up near 10K for . Is 8K for it the norm or is the guy to high?

Replies2
  1. #1cat3202004-04-17 20:07

    Well my freind got the machine I drove it today wow it really makes you apprciate what you have today.This will make a good yard machine for him I would not want to try to earn a living with it as it is slow as molasis and has no power compared to the nwer ones .

  2. #2Steve Frazier2004-04-17 21:13

    Sorry Cat, I missed your first post. In the future, you can try Machinery Trader to view past auctions and see what similar machinery have actually sold for. It is amazing the improvements that have been made in equipment over the past few years. Much more power and quicker as you've observed. My backhoe attachment is both quicker and more powerful than the JD 410 I replaced.