Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580 B hydraulic pump

mikey1 ยท 2014-04-15 08:45

Hey guys, I am going over the old girl before installing yet another hydraulic pump. The first one it was on for a long time but, it was giving long hesitations, meaning nothing would work. Some say this is starvation. It rounded the shaft off, So I replaced the pump, same stuff happened pump #2 shot. Before I put another on her I am trying to eliminate the problem. I have taken the loader valve off and checked everything there, no blockages. Am going to remove the hoses at the hoe and check for blockages, the filter housing is clean, new filter, Have any of you guys had this kind of a problem? Any advice? Thanks Mike

Replies2
  1. #1Mobiltech2014-04-15 10:37

    When you say it rounded the shaft off do you mean the drive splines were gone? So what does the drive coupling look like? Was there any internal pump damage?

  2. #2mikey12014-04-15 10:51

    Yes it rounded the splines, the coupler was rounded and the little shaft was also old and rounded a bit, it was possibly the factory pump. I replaced em all. Then the new pump went out that was internal damage. I didnt tear the old one apart to check it out.