Hello all, I have a Case 580 Super K and need to put new seals in one of the stabilizer arms hydraulic cylinders. I have a gland nut wrench for Case cylinders and have tried using some long pipes to add leverage but this gland nut doesn't want to budge. Anyone got any ideas to get it loose? Thanks
I have one I can't get loose either Make sure the little screw for locking the gland nut is removed.
Use the peening method described in this thread and it will come off ! HeavyEquipmentForums
Yes, screw was removed - in fact I didn't both to put back in, I was hoping the vibrations of the machine might help loosen it up.....LOL
I'm going to try this, thank you!
Anyone have any recommendations on where to get cylinder seal kits? I have one for this cylinder but need to do a few others. I see a lot of places on the internet selling them but I don't know if some are better quality than others?
http://www.e-backhoeparts.com/ The last time I bought from Dale, he sent Bull Dog brand seals.
Thanks! I ordered a few sets from him today. His prices are significantly cheaper than other places I saw on line.
Use the hydraulics of the machine to pull the wrench.
Did you find a seal kit for your stab. cyl.
We repacked all the cylinders on our Super L. We Had a couple we took the whole cylinder into local Hyd. shop because gland would not come loose for us. The others we took rod /gland assembly out of tubes to hyd. shop to have them worked over. Dropped rod assembly off w/ kit and picked up next day. The rod end bolts are torqued crazy tight. Like 1000 ft.lbs?
I had a hell of a time getting mine loose, I ratchet strapped the gland wrench to the cylinder an put a 5' bar on it then used the bucket from another tractor to carefully break it free, a little tricky but worked great. Make sure your rod isnt bent, ask me how I know!
A lot of times on those outrigger cylinders the tubes are dented and you will never get them out without parting the base off and boring the head out