Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 ck

Joe Ramirez ยท 2011-03-19 15:52

Thanks for your help. I parked my backhoe last fall and it was running fine. Today, I started right up, butI had to rock it back and forth with the mechanical shuttle to get it going. Once I got it moving, something clearly "kicked in" and it was working like always - smooth. I dug out a rock and then when I went to move it, no forward or reverse other than a one quarter tire rotation in reverse and that is it. I have read the threads about the shuttle, but that didn't appear to be the problem to me - maybe I am wrong though. The shuttle oil is THC and still a yellow color though there is minor cloudiness. There is no water settled at the torque tube drain plugs. Advice? Thanks, Joe

Replies4
  1. #1Joe Ramirez2011-03-19 17:24

    Update: I continued to fiddle with the 580 ck and found that if I run the engine on max revs, sometimes it will jump into gear (spin the tire on the ground) and take off fast. It will remain in forward or reverse (moving) even at low revs. If I stop and take it out forward or reverse, it will not move by itself. I have to rev it and move between forward and reverse to get it to move again. I went through the manual and didn't find any help with this problem. Thanks, Joe

  2. #2Joe Ramirez2011-03-30 22:30

    Anyone have any ideas?

  3. #3cotsco2011-05-29 21:02

    Joe, first thing to check would be the 1.1" travel on the 'clutch' valve. If this valve is not all the way 'out' it will divert the flow of oil from the torque converter and the machine will not have motion to the wheels. '

  4. #4low_lead2011-06-03 18:25

    Looking at a 580CK myself, this is one of the things I will check out when I go back. Thanks!