Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 CK mechanical shuttle

Ruffasacob ยท 2009-09-09 13:18

My 580 CK with a mechanical shuttle will move forward but in reverse when the clutch is let out there is a grinding of gears. I pulled the cover off and this is what I found. I think the damaged part is the reverse synchronizer. Is this much of a job to replace, other than having to split the tractor? Should any other parts be replaced as long as the tractor is split? I will look at the clutch but that works pretty well in forward. Are most parts still available for this version? Are the parts brass to make them fail first before anything else is damaged? Thanks for any insights given. Thanks, Ruff

Replies2
  1. #1Grant51272009-09-09 21:37

    Looks like the clutch was released before the sliding collar was fully engaged, thus just catching the synchro teeth.......... ........whats it look like on the other side??

  2. #2Ruffasacob2009-09-10 12:36

    The brass part is broken into 3 equal parts. The teeth on forward synchronizer are looking a little tender also. But forward still works.