I have an old Case 580 E extendahoe. It's seen some rough use, but it runs pretty strong and it's fine for farm work. Some previous owner liked to cut stuff off, though. In odd moments I like to fix those things. Last year I went through the loader bushings. One of these years I'll get to the backhoe. This year, it's the odd sheet metal piece. The hood was bashed up and whatever pins, brackets etc that hold the hood on up by the cab were cut off. All that's left are a couple of little remnants on the inside of the hood. The parts and maintenance manuals are particularly unhelpful in showing what was there. I've beat the hood back into some semblance of straight, but I have no idea what I need to make so it fits in. Can someone give me a description of what was there? thanks
This is how i get there. It links you around to CNH. I have gone to CNH directly but it does not seem to like me there? http://www.colemanequip.com/ 1 - Click Case parts 2 - on right click case construction 3 - type in 580SE hit search 4 - page down list to chassis attachments 5 - down list to 578 and 580
As I remember the hood side panels 'clip' onto a ledge on the hood. Two rubbers straps are then pulled down by hand and hooked on brackets welded on the frame. I've got the straps from McMaster Carr in the past. Phil
Not the side panels, the top hood. There's three holes in the panel over the fuel tank where something in the hood slip in. The online parts catalog shows exactly what my paper copy does, which is a top view of the panel. There are no separate parts for this; it was all part of the panel.
Okay, I understand now. I had a 580K once with the hood latch mechanism in very poor condition, with parts missing. Only way I could figure it out was to find a similar machine and ask the guy if I could raise the hood. then it all became quite clear. Phil