Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 Injector Pump Wrench

broo1874 · 2025-08-16 14:35

I’m trying to remove the injector pump and bought a set of S wrenches. But the metal around the wrench is too thick to fit. Is there a specialty wrench I can buy that fits? I googled “Case injector pump wrench” and didn’t get anything that seems right. The results all talk about being for different car/truck brands.

Replies9
  1. #1alrman2025-08-16 15:57

    You won't buy a specific wrench to do the job. But, if you grind the wall of the S wrench you purchased, that is how you'll get the job done. If you grind too thin, it can split if the nut is tight. So as you grind keep trying the fit till it is just right. Obviously, the lifetime warranty of a tool is gone when you do this....

  2. #2thepumpguysc2025-08-16 16:25

    If u contact me directly, I’ll send you a copy of the wrench I made.. works great..

  3. #3dirtyoldhoe2025-08-17 13:54

    I've heard of people grinding down a half moon wrench to thin out the wall. Still haven't pulled my pump off so I can't say how well it'll work

  4. #4thepumpguysc2025-08-18 16:46

    Do yourself a favor and go to the closest pawn shop and pick up $1.00 long wrench.. THAT WAY u can grind it and bend it as u see fit..

  5. #5HoeHoeHoe2025-08-18 18:24

    Are you talking about the 9/16 nuts? I used this wrench https://www.mcmaster.com/product/5466A11

  6. #6thepumpguysc2025-08-18 23:00

    Jeramy, did u have to grind on the wrench to get it to fit.??

  7. #7HoeHoeHoe2025-08-19 01:15

    No

  8. #8thepumpguysc2025-08-19 13:51

    Good to know.. thanks. I just ordered one.. ya can’t have TO MANY specialty wrenches.. I’ve got a 1/2 moon, an offset open end, a wrench I made and now this one..

  9. #9HoeHoeHoe2025-08-19 14:11

    Mine was proto brand, they don't sell junk brands.