Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 k phase 1 shuttle

Bodidley ยท 2023-11-14 06:23

Does anyone know the capacity of shuttle and torque converter 580 k.I have searched and found 8 guards for the shuttle,but can't find total of the cooler and converter and very hard to read on the dip stick with new oil even in 4th gear and shuttle in neutral.I would appreciate any help. Bo

Replies11
  1. #1Vetech632023-11-14 07:31

    Paint your dipstick flat black.........works like a charm.

  2. #2Tinkerer2023-11-14 09:33

    I have used red oil dye for a long time. It makes oil in sight glass oil level indicators quite visible.

  3. #3Bodidley2023-11-14 19:53

    Well got the fluid checked today(thanks for the black paint advice)and level right on the full mark We rebuilt shuttle completely and new converter.Still weak but better than before.My phase 3 would push circles around this one.Just about to get discouraged with this one.My phase 3 Burned early this spring and have sick ever since.Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Bo

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2023-11-15 13:33

    Check fuel system for dirty filters and or weak lift pump. I'm assuming the engine runs okay or does it fill weak? What is your stall test tell you.

  5. #5Bodidley2023-11-15 14:52

    Hadn't done a stall test but,engine runs strong,hoe got plenty of power.Reverse strong.Its like the forward clutch pack not completely engaging.This is the forth time we have had it out.Everything cleaned spotless.New clutches,seals ,charge pump.ect.Just got us stumped . Bo

  6. #6Vetech632023-11-15 16:40

    Are you checking the clutch disc clearance? In a rebuild kit there are several thicknesses of snap rings you have to select one.

  7. #7Bodidley2023-11-15 17:36

    Yes

  8. #856wrench2023-11-16 09:37

    Did you air check the clutch after you assembled the discs and snap ring?

  9. #9Bodidley2023-11-16 09:54

    56 wrench we did not.I wish I had.It loosing fluid pressure somewhere either the piston or through the valve or something.I will take it out again in a week or so probably after Thanksgiving.Just about to give up! Lol Bo

  10. #10melben2023-11-16 17:02

    It is very easy to cut those small sealing rings on the feed tube that goes back into the shaft, I always stick them in the groove with thick sticky grease and work them down to make sure they are tight in the bottom of the groove. I always double check them before I button one up.

  11. #11Bodidley2023-11-16 18:33

    Melben we payed special attention to the seals(also got them from case)heavy grease and worked them in the groove . Maybe we get it figured out this next time.Whats so bad about it it's fairly simple! Probably something simple that's not right !