Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580 sk backhoe, need help on identifying this part

rackmaster · 2023-08-10 22:28

I was doing some maintenance and saw the return pipe that is bent in and restricting flow, prob 70%. I think this is a return dump line and not sure how important it is to not be restricted that much. can anyone help to locate a part number for a replacement. I may try to knock it out some, of course I'm sure I can not get it back to 100%.

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-08-11 07:18

    The flow in that tube is very important. If you follow the pipe I it goes to the torque convertor. Remove that damaged elbow to replace it or repair and you find a strainer for the oil inside the transaxle. The image is from the Operators Manual.

  2. #2rackmaster2023-08-11 08:27

    I appreciate that very much, I was changing the screw on filter and noticed that. def need to get that thing out and fixed or replaced if a part is available. I dont have an owners /operators manual, i appreciate the photo of that page.

  3. #3Steve Favia2023-08-11 08:48

    Wow rackmaster,that looks exactly like my 580K did when I bought it! Easy fix,I stood mine up on the stabilize,your still going to need some clean buckets if you’re saving the fluid.Also good time to clean the filter.

  4. #4Tinkerer2023-08-11 08:59

    If you want the Operators Manual, send me your email address in a Private Message. I will send you a link to my Google Drive and you can download it.