this is in the controls area, what might it be, does it get anything else to plug in whatever it it. the Case wont start but does start if i jump at the starter. Thank you very much for anything! dustin
There should be an ice cube style relay that plugs into that socket. Now, if that relay goes to your starter circuit, I don't know. I can't tell from the picture. Have you used this backhoe in the past? Did it used to start with the key and now it doesn't, or are you just jumping into it trying to troubleshoot? In either case, you probably need to find the wiring diagram and start tracing the wires, looking for a short, see if this relay is in that circuit, etc.
Last time it started at key maybe 2 years ago.Thank you guys, I will get more pics Its mine my wife sold it as i havn't been working, cant blame her! yes theres another ice cube style thing it looks like there is a grove they look to fit together.(but i didnt want to fry anything I am going to get better pics and descritions. it does start at the starter jumped. I dont know how to jump anywhere else. Thamk you guys in advace have 1-2 days day to get it running. i will be right back
Thanks
what might this be or do please?
what is this last pic. it has a grove that fits another looks like a relay to me, it looks to me like some leads should plugin to the pic above, it makes a buzzer noise maybe neutral safety?
I did clean the ground straps, naybe it needs new?
I get 12 v at the back of the ignition switch but no starter cranking
Your image 1063 is a relay base. It is dirty and needs to be blown out. It could be for powering some lights, it could send power to the S terminal of the starter to make solenoid engage, it might have some safety relay that plugs into it. Would have to see an electrical schematic to tell you more and have to see the wire coulours going into it. Maybe someone else who has one will chime in. Simon C
Wife sold it ?? please elaborate, this could be fun !!
showrguy I am going to list wire color and if striped color with connector style in the morning. the unit has 4 lights front and back. and its not that fun i just havnt been working in two years roughly. think that hurt next is my 1980 Husqvarna 390 bike and 63 triumph Bonneville 650. oh my I need to get back to work. deep breaths breaths in out.... i guess im 5o something.
OMG.....that wiring. OCD ALERT!!!
Just love those little blue wire splitters, they work berry berry good!
The case 580 sk extendahoe ive had for 8-10 years, 2 white with red stripe wires 1 gets 12 v when ignition is turned on has an male prong surrounded by black plastic connector but i have not found where it goes if anywhere. there another one like it no power at ignition/ 2 orange with black stripes and plastic connectors all coming up in the control area.also two orange with black stripe coming from the side post coming down not going anywhere. it has ac and 4 lights up top front and four lights at back and I think it has ac. (air conditioning i never used i removed the beckon up top , it had bad bulb that was a good while back,
I am guessing the white/red stripe wire( gets 12 v when key at start) goes to the hole in pic 1074 but it does not fit nice, the plug end seems to big?
You need the service manual. The wiring schematics are in it. I can't post them here because because they are on multiple pages. Here is one page and you can see it has to be matched up with another image. A printed service manual is the best way to see the wire routing.
@dustball Before you do anything else! 1) The starter relay is located under the bonnet release flap - as you look down from the front, on the LHS. There are two relays side by side - the other is for return to dig - try swapping them. 2) There is a neutral start switch located on the transmission control valve - gain access by lifting the forward floor plate. In order listed & priority of looking at - either of these, if not functioning, will prevent starting with key. If that relay behind the dash was empty - it's irrelevant to your problem
Thank you so much I am working to open that floor plate will report asap Thank You! is it (neutral safety switch?)the small one by the bucket control or big one in the middle? Thank you
ALR the bonnect release is that the flap is toward the front of the window where i fill hyd fluid and gas? I do not see it. Thank youfor anymore insight if you have any>?
1) The large floor plate needs to be removed. 2) Yes, under the the flap you mentioned. The 2 relays should be there on the LHS - down low. That's on the hydraulic filler side from memory. Starter relay should be checked first - simply by swapping with a known good one. That lever I see with the smaller plate is definitely a bucket control lever & not 4sp gearshift?
I have the floor boards out
neutral switch wire was chewed Thank you everyone!
Thanks for atleast telling us what was found and posting it. More people can benefit. Simon C
Yeah, thanks for the update. Now get your ass off the couch and get a job before wifey sells the rest of your stuff.