Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 sk injectors.

Preppypyro ยท 2009-10-14 15:37

I have a 1995 case 580 sk, and one of the injectors are leaking a little bit, Im assuming they are cracked (Ive read that was a common problem.) Anyways I was wondering if there is a good aftermarket place to get some replacement ones, as I can only imagine the price that case wants for them. Is there a repair that will prevent this from happening again? Im probably gonna upgrade this hoe to a late model L, or maybe an M next year, so I would prefer not to sink a whole bunch of money into it...

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2009-10-14 18:48

    I just had a quick look at the Case website. It shows two different models of injectors for a Case 580sk. One has part # J919300 --- and Case wants $287.47 for one new injector. Oregon Fuel Injection shows the following info. on their website for a rebuilt one. / / / Rebuilt Diesel Fuel Injector 4B 3.9L, 4BT 3.9L J.I. Case # J919300 + $30.00 core Part # 0432131834 $56.50

  2. #2gggraham2009-10-15 01:28

    There are 2 different injectors for the SK one for a CAV pump and one for the rotary Bosch. I'd take them to a fuel injection shop and get them remanned it will be cheaper. I have never heard of the injectors cracking. Possibly what you have heard is on the early K series the head would crack because they used a 9mm injector. The next family of engines used a 7mm injector.

  3. #3case3103502009-10-17 23:17

    I have a new injector for an sk, let me know what pn you have I will see if its the right one, would sell for $50.00