Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 SK oil

Elman1 · 2019-08-16 09:37

what weight oil should I use in the front axle? I have 85 - 140 in the specs for it. Would that be to heavy probably wouldn’t use much under 20*

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-08-16 16:47

    135H ep is 85/140. From the service manual.

  2. #2Elman12019-08-17 11:46

    Ya that’s the info I have but can get in different viscosity. My question is to use 85-140 or 80-90

  3. #3Tinkerer2019-08-17 13:21

    Elman; this was your answer.

  4. #4Elman12019-08-17 20:58

    Can get it both ways

  5. #5Tinkerer2019-08-17 22:39

    Either one is ok. You may want 85/140 if you will be working the front wheel drive really hard in hot weather. What are putting in the rear diff.? Just be sure it meets the 135-H EP specs.

  6. #6Elman12019-08-18 15:02

    Got case oil for the transaxle. I get JD Hytrans in bulk will use that in hydraulic