I have a 2005 Case 580 Super M+ Series 2 backhoe. The stabilizers and extendahoe quit working. I unplugged the right stabilizer joystick and then the left stabilizer and extendahoe worked. I plugged the left joystick into the right side wiring and the right stabilizer worked. I replaced the joystick and both stabilizers and extendahoe worked as they should. I went out the next day to use it and neither stabilizer would work but the extendahoe does. It seems like an electrical issue because neither stabilizer even tries to move. The hydraulic oil level is at the full mark. I unhooked the battery for about 20 minutes and reconnected it. According to an online manual, it looks like there is a 15 amp fuse in the system that is located in the steering wheel console. That fuse is good. It also appears that there is a control module in that system as well. I have not been able to locate it yet. I'm assuming it's tucked up under the machine somewhere. Is there a way to test the control module without special equipment? Looks like those are fairly pricey. I would greatly appreciate any feedback and direction! I have not been able to find a wiring diagram anywhere online. The dealer will sell me a whole manual that includes the wiring diagram for a mere $600. If you have any suggestions where I can locate a reasonably priced wiring diagram I would appreciate that info as well.
$35.00 on eBay. Case 580M Turbo Series 2 Service Repair Manual Operators 6-74432 | eBay This is NOT a printed manual. Operator Manual Catalog/Part # 87592031- Total Page Count: 304. PDF(s) on USB drive. access to repair information. 31 July 2002 carmakers must give to independent garages and other interested persons. www.ebay.com
I have a 2006 NH B95 backhoe. For many months I had problems with the stabilizers - would stop in any position - up, down, or in between. Everything else worked. Then a month or 2 ago the stabilizers stopped working altogether - in the up position. After a lot of testing of relays, fuses, and switches, I finally found out that it has a control module (may be same as yours) located under the floor near the left hand backhoe joystick pedestal. Mine is somewhat accessible by removing a guard around the back of the backhoe. I looked at it with a mirror and saw that the face of it was literally melted! Don't know the cause; no wiring was damaged. I replaced the module and everything works again. Just replaced it yesterday. Ran for two hours; checked for heat - not hot. NH part number 84203217 is mine just so you can see what yours might look like.
Thanks for the reply! I found an electrical diagram and it looks like the extendahoe and stabilizers are run by a control module. There is a relay that looks like it sends power to the module. The extendahoe works so I think the relay has to be good so I'm thinking maybe the part of the module that runs the stabilizers might be bad. I will explore more and find that module. Maybe I'll be lucky and see actual physical damage like you did and know for sure.
On my machine the relay is mounted on the same bracket with the module. I located both by following wires from the right pedestal to the module. Good luck.
Awesome, thanks!
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!
I found the controller and it has a flashing red light. In my experience, flashing red lights don’t mean that everything is happy. Guess it’s time to cut loose with several hundred bucks and buy a new controller.
Not necessarily. Search for controller module codes. I read somewhere that the frequency of the red light flashing indicates various problems. But I don’t have the codes
Ok thanks. I’ll see if I can find those
Don't throw money away for a new controller. It is flashing and storing fault codes. Do you know how to find and scroll the list of them ? There a couple of Case Techs on HEF that would know the fault codes. but they don't check in very often. I'm not familiar with an SM. Does your dash look like this ?
I don’t have a fault code display like that. I wish I did, that would be super handy. My controller has a light on it that flashes differently according to what the fault is. I found what the codes mean. I did the steps the manual said to do and that didn’t work so it said the controller is bad. I appreciate your feedback. Thank you
Please could give the file who have the flash codes of the controller Thnks in advance