Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 Super E loader control valve

horseandtorque · 2024-11-05 22:25

I am looking to add a grapple to my 580 Super E, and would like to use a 3rd function valve kit to control the grapple. I’m getting conflicting information from Summit and the grapple manufacturer as to whether or not it will work with the open center system. I understand that if the loader control valve has a power beyond port it will work with Summit’s universal kit, but the manufacturer of the grapple says that the 580 se doesn’t have a power beyond on the stack valve. Does anyone know if the 580 se has a power beyond or am I stuck with using a diverter valve for the grapple?

Replies5
  1. #1HarleyHappy2024-11-06 09:13

    My Case Super E didn’t have a third valve so I had to use a diverter for my power angle snow plow. Some came with the third valve for a 4 in 1 bucket and you can look. Pretty simple, get on your back and see if the is an unused valve or take the protective plates off, there are linkages that need to be greased anyway.

  2. #2Tinkerer2024-11-06 11:05

    If your SE doesn't have an extendahoe on it, replace the control valve with a used one that has the extendahoe valve section in it. I would have done that myself but I couldn't find one that fit my backhoe.

  3. #3horseandtorque2024-11-07 21:03

    Thanks for your advice on this Harley. The diverter valve route would be the quickest way.

  4. #4horseandtorque2024-11-07 21:08

    Tinkerer, finding one would be like the proverbial needle in the haystack.

  5. #5Tinkerer2024-11-07 21:52

    You might be surprised. A salvage yard might have one. Schaefer's in Wolf Lake ,IL might have one. Schaefer Enterprises of Wolf Lake, Inc. | IL | Parts & Dismantled We've got what you need - browse dismantled forestry & construction equipment & parts for sale - backed by 80 years of experience in the heavy equipment & forestry industry. sewlparts.com I posted a thread that went into great detail of how I plumbed a diverter valve into the stabilizer circuit for a thumb. It works quite well. I used a manual valve. An electric one would be handy. The switch could be mounted on the boom lever or wherever else you would want it.