Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 super k has wiring issues

Coach v ยท 2019-10-04 14:40

I recently purchased my 1st backhoe, a 1992 Case 580 Super K 4x4 extendahoe. I will be using it around my property in NE California for digging out stumps, moving rocks, snow removal, general grading, driveway maintenance, ect. I got it local and for a good deal. It has wiring issues, as in most of the wiring has been torn out. Getting the wiring mess corrected is my 1st goal. It needs: - The complete ignition redone. It is currently starter by using a screw driver to jump the starter solenoid and hooking a wire from the battery directly to the injection pump. I would like to wire an on/off switch along with a push button start. I would place a hidden(ish) switch for the injection pump 12v. I might be over thinking this though. - the alternator is not completely wired and is not charging the batteries. - I need to get gauges wired and running. It currently has zero guages. - I would like to get led lights wired and installed front and back. If you have any advice on how to get handle any or all of these issues, please let me know.

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2019-10-04 17:51

    Welcome to HEF Coach ! I have the color codes and schematic diagrams if you need them.

  2. #2Coach v2019-10-05 00:21

    Tinkerer - yes please

  3. #3Tinkerer2019-10-05 09:01

    Send me your email address in a PM (private message).