Blew a hose in the front loader near the bucket, not unexpected, but I ran into a silly little issue. The hose does not have a swivel fitting, and the fitting that it threads into near the bucket does not want to turn... Am I missing something? The machine is only 8 years old, less than 2500 hours, the hose in that position is not factory.... It looks like the fitting the hose threads into *should* turn, but moderate pressure (to the point of where I was concerned about damaging the steel tube on the loader arm) did not want to free it. I eventually kinked the new hose around a few times and as it unwound it threaded into the fitting, almost worked out but for a little bend to the side (which promptly damaged the new hose as soon as I rolled the bucket fully backwards to shuttle snow, it pinched the hose between the loader linkages). D'oh.
Any hydraulic hose repair shop or farm supply store should have a swivel fitting that will allow you to install that hose without twisting it to get it connected. Quite often swivels are installed on the hose end. The one in this image is typical for screwing into a hydraulic cylinder (notice the O-Ring). There are several variations of swivel couplers. 90° turn fittings with a swivel are commonly available also.
So it's a hose to one of the bucket cylinders? If so, the hose should be JIC male on both ends. On the end closest to the cyl there should be a swivel nut on the end of the hard line. On the other end it should tie in to a tee fitting with a swivel nut on it. If they are stuck it may just take some penetrating oil to get them freed up.
Troy, I had this happen to me once on my old backhoe. The threads were galded together and the pipe nut wouldn't turn. I had to replace both the line and hose. I don't know if wd-40 may have helped or not but if you have the time it would be worth a try. When i did finally get mine turning it tore away the threads. I believe your doing it correctly hold the rubber line and turn the pipe nut. Good luck, Mudober