Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 Super M questions

troyharnish ยท 2013-09-25 18:47

Well, bought a new (to me) 2006 580 Super M with pilot controls. Does not seem to have a manual, and I figured I would ask the audience a couple questions about some of the new features that my old hoe did not have, before I went and broke something. On the pilot controls for the hoe, right hand tower when facing rear, there is a button that appears to power up the hydraulics and one that changes the pattern between backhoe and excavator. Do I have to have the hydraulics turned off to switch patterns? And why the button for the hydraulics? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1BlazinSS9342013-09-25 19:18

    The switch for the hydraulics is a safety feature so when you move the control towers away from you you won't actuate any of the controls. As for the pattern changer I think it can be changed with the machine running. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  2. #2troyharnish2013-10-03 21:02

    Thanks. Anyone have any idea when Case switched from the Cummins 4BT to the new engine?