Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 Super M series 3 2010 model

corey1980 ยท 2017-09-03 11:50

Recently purchased a 2010 Case 580sm series 3. What diagnostic equipment/ code readers, or laptop am i going to need to work on this thing. I was a case mechanic on the older stuff prior to the computer controlled engines. I figured i would ask on here first before going to the dealer

Replies1
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2017-09-04 12:03

    Hey Corey1980 I'm like you I was a Case field service tech for over 30+yrs. The series 3 was just coming out when they left me behind lol. I do know there is on board diagnostics that you can bring up error codes but don' ask me how. I didn't do it enough to commit to memory. If you have operators manual it may tell you how to bring up error codes, or get with your dealer and maybe they'll show you.