Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580 valve body repair

old and slow · 2020-01-26 13:25

I bought a old case 580D, been sitting a long time. Got it running, the extendahoe valve spool was stuck, here is why.I found a used one, but did not want to spend $2000.00.So I fixed it. I machined of the bad spot, bought 5/8 id bronze bushing by 13/16 od. Reamed them, faced them and press fitted on shaft (.001) interference.Finished od to dimension. This part of spool never makes it to the actual valve bore, or the part that is lapped in. I then replaced all the spool o'rings, but did not split the valve bodies apart as the where not leaking in between the sections. It came out good. I choose bronze as they where available and where the right size, and will not rust.

Replies6
  1. #1tool_king2020-01-26 18:55

    Nice job . But you posted it in the excavator section not the backhoe section .

  2. #2Tinkerer2020-01-26 21:44

    Awesome repair old and slow !!

  3. #3old and slow2020-01-27 06:19

    You are correct, I made a mistake, I will try to figure out how to move it.

  4. #4Tinkerer2020-01-27 07:10

    Only forum moderators can delete or move a thread or post.

  5. #5old and slow2020-01-27 18:02

    Ok, thank you

  6. #6Bls repair2020-01-27 20:04

    Use the excuse I use “leave me alone I’m old”.