Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B

Proudthunder ยท 2021-04-04 08:48

I Bought a CASE 580B backhoe/shuttle tractor, The issue is, the previous owner at some point took off the backhoe attachment and welded forklift forks on the back with a heavy steel plate. My question is does anyone know where I can get another backhoe attachment and PTO reasonably priced.

Replies2
  1. #1Eric a1cnc2021-04-04 09:23

    No pto for a backhoe machine. Look on your local craigslist and facebook marketplace for the backhoe. 580b uses a #33 backhoe. Depending on what your idea of a reasonable price is, sometimes a whole machine can be bought. Last year I bought a non-running 580ck for $1000. Pretty sure that has the same backhoe as the 580B Sounds like the PO might have been a hack, You will want to go over the whole machine to check for any other "good ideas"

  2. #2Tinkerer2021-04-04 10:42

    The pto was a factory option for your 580B. You would most likely have to find a B with the swinging draw-bar option on it. It would quit likely have a pto on it. Unless someone already took it off. I would be amazed if you could find one for sale. Never know tho !