Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580B

matt bennett · 2022-06-06 16:49

My 580B radiator has hydraulic oil in it so I took it out,took it to a radiator repair shop. They can't do it,said can't get the oil cooler tank so I'm thinking maybe I can get an auxiliary oil cooler. If so, what do I need to know about getting one? The loader/back hoe is a 1976. Thank you much.

Replies11
  1. #1stinky642022-06-06 18:19

    Check AllStatesAgParts 877-530-4430 which is tractorpartsasap.com..Scored new well built radiators that were like OEM and fit right up for 1976 580C and 1957 Ford 850 for very reasonable price..check 'em out..

  2. #2Tinkerer2022-06-06 20:54

    Welcome to HEF, Matt ! There was a thread a while back about putting an aux. cooler in front of the radiator. A forum search may find it for you. Is that radiator shop going to do anything to your radiator if you decide to not fix the cooler in it ? One of the vendors on eBay has sold 109 new radiators.

  3. #3matt bennett2022-06-07 08:04

    Thank you stinky,I will check them out for sure

  4. #4matt bennett2022-06-07 08:06

    Thank you Tinkerer, not sure how to find it cuz I’m new at this forum but I’ll try it. Even the auxiliary coolers are high priced I noticed

  5. #5Tinkerer2022-06-07 08:36

    I didn't find much in a search. At the top of the webpage is a Search Forums notation in the black bar.

  6. #6matt bennett2022-06-07 09:48

    I’m new at this as you can tell. I checked the number and it reads, 5340752 580B. Im really not sure of the year. The guy I bought it from said he thought it was a 1976. Could be or not. I checked the engine oil and thats good. It is definitely hydraulic oil. I think its an internal leak. The repair shop I took it to said they can’t get a new tank for it so thats why I thought of maybe getting an auxiliary cooler.

  7. #7stinky642022-06-07 10:29

    Check just inside the drivers side door on the lower dash there should be a vin plate,look for a 7 digit number that starts with an 8 that'll be your serial number, sooner or later you will need it. Then google Case 580B tractordatacom. and you will get everything you need for specs on your machine, scroll down till you see the vin section and you can identify year of manufacture..

  8. #8Tinkerer2022-06-07 13:43

    Where did you find that number (5340752) ? That shop could take the lower tank off and perhaps repair the oil cooler tube.

  9. #9matt bennett2022-06-07 15:09

    The number was on the left side as you get in the cab. I agree theres got to be some place that could repair the radiator

  10. #10matt bennett2022-06-07 15:23

    I found the right number, 8784417

  11. #11Tinkerer2022-06-07 20:05

    It was made in 1975. How much do you want to spend on the radiator ? Repairing the one you have now will take some serious money. The core may need to be boiled out since. A new one will be right around $400.00 delivered. Call Dale Weiss at Tractorstuff.com. ----> http://e-backhoeparts.com/ He may have a decent price on an aftermarket radiator.