Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B CK backhoe valve block seal availability

Glen Weldon ยท 2023-10-18 19:06

After sitting for about 5 years due to removed and rebuilt swing cylinders that I just got back in place, I started up the old girl. After the starter got tapped into submission, she started right up! I was surprised and impressed. Well, none of the hydraulics worked and the pump was whining. I added 8 gallons to the supposed 11 gallon reservoir (all I had). I was able to get the cylinders to move, but very sluggishly. I suspect it's still low on fluid. As I was moving the cylinders, I noticed some seepage from the top of the spools on the valves. I compiled a list of parts for the stab. cylinder valve which was the worst leaker. It's a tedious process going through the catalog and writing down numbers and I stopped before I got to the hoe valve block. I'm getting a bit long-winded. My question is this, for those who may know: Are the parts to re-seal the spools on the valves available? Mostly SAE O-rings of differing sizes, Teflon seals and backup rings and a few special ring/washer/seals. I haven't yet gone to the Case/IH website to put the part numbers in, again another tedious process. I wanted to ask here if anybody knows if this is a waste of time due to non-available parts or are they seemingly readily available? Thank for reading. Glen

Replies3
  1. #1Tinkerer2023-10-18 21:12

    Any CNH AG dealer can get those seals and "O" rings if they are available. Some of the spool "O" rings have a square profile. They are not a normal "O" ring that hardware stores. sell. Motion Industries may have what you need.

  2. #2Glen Weldon2023-10-19 11:13

    Thank you Tinkerer. I guess I'll have to get them from CNH online. My nearest dealer is about 120 miles from me. I guess what I was really asking, and you touched on it by saying "if available". That was my question... How much of this stuff is available. Going to check online today I suppose...

  3. #3Tinkerer2023-10-19 15:24

    The dealers have instant access to the the inventory all over the USA. They can see how many individual parts are available and where they are.