I have a 1973 Case 580B with a power shuttle. When the the transmission is in gear (fwd or rev) it works fine until there is a load on the transmission. For instance, when loading dirt in the bucket or pulling trees, it will start to go in and out of gear. The oil pressure guage to the transmission will go from green to the left in red (back and forth) causing the machine to jerk until I release the throttle. Then, it will go back to the green indication and back in fwd gear. It works fine when you just drive it, but when there is a load, it'll start up again. It was just acting like this in reverse, but now it is progressively getting worse and is the same for the fwd gear. I checked the linkage and I can not find any problems with the adjustments. Can the spring in the shuttle relief value cause this or is it something else?
No replies yet.