Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580B Shuttle Pump Housing

Newfie F-350 · 2018-04-08 23:21

My father bought an old 580B as a project for personal use. He used to have heavy equipment and I guess he can’t give it up completely. We knew the backhoe had issues and therefore was a cheap buy. I’m doing all the research since he doesn’t like technology. We finally got the motor away from the shuttle and found our issue. The gear had fallen off the shuttle pump and the pump housing is busted. I have read that a lot of the pump issues are due to a busted shaft. How would I find a pump housing? There are probably lots of pumps lying around somewhere with broken shafts and good housings.

Replies5
  1. #1Tinkerer2018-04-09 07:11

    Google will show several websites for a possible spare. But, those pumps have a high failure rate when they have a lot of hours on them and that makes them scarce on the used for sale market. I searched for a few minutes and found them new in the $1000.00 to $500.00 price range. This is the vendor with the $500.00 one. You may have to get the gear from a CNH dealer. https://www.medalhydraulics.com/products/ba37570?variant=32632052035

  2. #2Newfie F-3502018-04-09 18:21

    I can’t seem to find any in stock except a $955 one. The gear is ok, we just need the pump.

  3. #3Tinkerer2018-04-10 09:09
  4. #4Equipmentguy2242018-04-11 13:11

    I bought hydraulic cylinder seals for my 580se at ConEquip last fall. Good service and prices. Just be careful to ask them about import fees to make sure you don’t end up with something extra. I almost had to pay a $128 c.o.d. fee for $500 worth of seals.

  5. #5Tinkerer2018-04-11 19:58

    I have never paid C.O.D. for anything. But doesn't that way of paying add a lot of extra expense when purchased that way ?