Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580b trans drain plugs

tomjc ยท 2011-10-09 18:11

I have a 4 speed shuddle and removed the 2 drain plugs under the transmission, but where is the drain plug for other part of the trans?? the floor pan has 2 filler plugs, now 1 shows empty and the 1 closest to the seat shows full. And does both filler plugs get the same type of fluid? I think I better get a Manual Tom

Replies1
  1. #1dwloop2011-10-10 08:40

    Tom, Yes, I highly recommend a service manual. I also have the owners manual which has good information as well. As for the plugs, I am assuming (dangerous I know) that you have pulled the bell housing plug and the shuttle torque tube drain. Further back under the right side (as sitting in the seat) bull gear housing on the trans-axle you will find another plug. Remember that trans-axle and the shuttle are two separate reservoirs, with the trans-axle holding 90 weight gear lube, the shuttle uses Case Hy-Tran or equivalent. HTH Dave