Just got a 580b a couple weeks ago. I believe it is a 75' model. Diesel engine. It runs well and everything works except the brakes(which do not work at all). It is a shuttle shift. The biggest problem is it will not shift into gear without "really" grinding the gears. I have changed the fluid and filter in the TC and pulled the TC control valve assembly and cleaned it out. Set the power spool to the 3.1" from the center of the closest mount bolt to the center of the cam follower. pushing the "clutch" pedal in causes the pressure to drop out but does not seem to take the pressure off the transmission so it can be shifted into gear. I am hoping some-one in the forum may have experienced this problem in their 580b and can provide some insight which can lead to a fix.---Tx for any help---Randy
Just do a search in the advance search box.. LOTS of GOOD info on the exact model.. especially the brakes.. What a lot of folks do is just shift it into gear BEFORE starting the machine.. Take lots of pictures.. 3-4 people have rebuilt theirs and kept a start to finish log w/ instructions and pictures.. Good luck..
I did my brakes, new linings and seals that leaked onto the brake linings, along with a lot of other stuff on my 580CK. I also had the same issue with not being able to shift the transmission without turning off the engine. Not what you ant to hear, but the fix involves splitting the tractor and overhauling the shuttle. On mine the clutch release springs were broken and had damaged some of the clutch plates. I purchased new springs and got a kit to redo the steel sealing rings. The 580 B is almost identical for the brake, shuttle and rear end. A search on here will bring up several threads that deal with this and have decent pictures. Mine is 68 580CK Project, which has not been updated for some time. HeavyEquipmentForums HeavyEquipmentForums There is at least one more that I can't find now but the Search feature will help you/
Tx Pump Guy----