Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580BCK How to remove front axle pin…

BartDHull ยท 2019-01-18 02:27

I have a 1974 Case 580 BCK. I have the axle off and I can press out the bushing in the axle but how do I remove the pin? The pin is badly worn to where it was moving front to back and broke the 3rd mount off the oil pan, luckily not opening up the pan and dumping the oil. This pin is my last tough obstacle. I have a new pan painted, new gaskets ready to go and the put the axle back up. Suggestions? Bart D. Hull Laveen, AZ 85339

Replies8
  1. #1BartDHull2019-01-18 02:28

    Does anyone have a 580 BCK service manual?

  2. #2Tinkerer2019-01-18 10:42

    Service manual ? Here ya go Bart ! ------> https://www.minnpar.com/partbooks/BACKHOE MANUALS/CNH (CASE) Service Manuals/CASE 580CK MODEL B SERVICE MANUAL/Case 580CK Model B Service Manual.pdf There is a little arrow in the upper RH corner of the document. Be sure to use it and download the manual to your computer.

  3. #3BartDHull2019-01-18 17:34

    Darn, it shows nothing about the front axle pivot pin. Bart

  4. #4Billrog2019-01-18 18:36

    Not sure if I'm on the same page but the only center pivot pin I removed was held in place with snap rings on the ends of the pin.

  5. #5BartDHull2019-01-18 20:28

    Yes, that's the one I'm talking about. How do you get to the backside? Should you have to pound it out or try penetrating oil? Bart D Hull Laveen, AZ.

  6. #6Tinkerer2019-01-18 20:58

    Section 55 in the service manual. It should slide out if there is no weight on it. Unless it is rusty. Then you will have to get creative.

  7. #7BartDHull2019-01-18 21:24

    Wish they showed the bushing and housing the pin went into. Lots of dirt and oil around the pin.

  8. #8Tinkerer2019-01-19 08:08

    This it ? Maybe if you clean everything you can determine what you need to do.