Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580bck injector lines g188 engine

jerrywf ยท 2013-08-28 00:49

Hi, All. my name is jerry located in Tennessee. I picked up a case 580b that must have been apart to replace the injector pump. the injector lines are bent up and it would only fire on #4 cylinder. I know the fire order but am not sure about the positions on the pump as to where #1 goes and I think the pump turns counter clockwise as viewed from the back end. Can anyone help ? I have a SM but the drawings are vague and I see nothing in the text. Thank you for your time and help from jerrywf

Replies7
  1. #1thepumpguysc2013-08-28 05:46

    Jerry, give me the #'s off the pump name plate and I'll hook you up..

  2. #2jerrywf2013-08-28 11:38

    Thank you thepumpguysc for the reply. the numbers are DBGFCC and 431-46A ---2100 and 1800469 A-51425

  3. #3thepumpguysc2013-08-28 13:58

    Useing the fuel inlet on the pump as refference=12:00 #1 is at 7:00 and procceds in engine fireing order, clockwise, looking at the back of the pump. the next cyl in the fireing order will be at 11:00

  4. #4Tinkerer2013-08-28 15:36

    Does this help or confuse things ?

  5. #5jerrywf2013-08-28 16:53

    Pumpguysc, What a great help you have been , number one cylinder had a bad injector( that some one had apart) and 2 and 3 were swapped and was fireing on #4 . The injector lines are bent up so bad I have to get another set from a 430 case with a G188 engine ,hope they will fit . A friend is sending them from Ohio

  6. #6stumpjumper832013-08-28 16:56

    If you need I have a g188 that powers my stump grinder, everything is all nice and exposed, can take a pic if necessary.

  7. #7jerrywf2013-08-28 16:57

    tinkerer Your diagram is also a great help, By the way I think I got my replys mixed up but all should know I thank everybody for the help. What a great forum thanks again from jerrywf