I've been away from the forum for several years but i'm back and needing help or advice. I'm looking for direction to a place to buy parts for this transmission. I still have not fixed the porblem of this thing jumping out of forward. I spent all day today pressure washing and getting ready to jump back into the investigation of this. Linkage first then tearing the shuttle out again. It always stays in reverse but always jumps out of forward.
The synchronizer brass ring for forward gear is probably broken so you will have to tear into it and repair. You can find the part number on the CNH website www.mycnhistore.com . You can get the part number then find it online ebay, brokentractor.com or conequip.com.
Little off this topic but whats the difference between a 580ck and a 580c?
The answer to your question is this, all Case backhoes are "CK's" which stands for Construction King. The first 580's are known as ck's now just to differentiate between models, any letters after that are series such as 580C is the 580CK series "C", is that clear as mud for you.
Hi PAwrestling ! Call or email Dale Wiess.-----> http://e-backhoeparts.com/ If you want detailed info. on the different 580 models go here and toggle through the models. ↓ https://www.tractordata.com/industrial-tractors/000/1/0/102-ji-case-580-ck.html
Thanks ol' friend