The common leak, oily brakes. I've read several places that the seal inside the side gear is about an inch deep inside the side gear. I found a piece of exhaust pipe that fit over the diff shaft and down inside the side gear, to drive a new seal, but the seal is only about half an inch deep. I don't know if its a double stack of two or what, but can anyone verify the depth its supposed to be? I'm trying to widdle a pick down to dig it out but so far no luck. Any advice on dimensions would be helpful.
Anyone?
Got it.
If I may offer some advice…. You asked your question at Midnight, on a weekend nonetheless. Not a lot of people are on during the weekend, especially during summer months. Not to mention you are asking a question that requires a very specific answer that most people probably cannot answer offhand on a machine that’s 45+ years old. You might be in a rush for an answer, but based on the tone of your last message, I wouldn’t expect many to answer.
Its fine, no biggie, wasn't trying to be annoying. It was around a 100 with a heat index near somewhere evil. I had to get out of there As far as depth it was inside only about 1/2 inch. I sprayed it out inside, looked with a flashlight, tried hooking anything I could in case there was another seal back in there but I don't believe so. No more drips. Tomorrow ill try to tackle the master cylinders.
Did you have success with the master cylinders? You say you had oily brake pads? I'll see if that is also may situation. (when the weather warms up) My my Case 580C has no brakes. I need to service the brakes and replacing the 2 master and 2 slave cylinders was suggested as a place to start since they seem to be stuck.