Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

case 580c extendahoe

mikey1ten · 2025-06-14 12:20

case 580c extendahoe major leaks on extendahoe cylinder. Can I just plug it off somewhere and not use the extension for now? Thanks. Michael

Replies3
  1. #1HarleyHappy2025-06-15 08:02

    Sure, just find the lines, don’t break the hard lines and probably need a couple of #6 JIC caps and plugs, that’s just a WAG.

  2. #2mikey1ten2025-06-15 22:30

    thanks. I wasn't sure if the extension would stay in place or, extend out when I was trying to curl the bucket under load or, lift a load in the bucket. I guess I should be able to just disconnect the hoses right at the source and plug male and female holes?

  3. #3HarleyHappy2025-06-16 07:46

    As long as the seals are good, it should stay in place when capped, if there is hydraulic fluid in it as it will not compress. No harm in trying but would eventually try and fix what’s leaking.