Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Case 580C Fuel Pump

Pound · 2024-04-27 15:03

Hello! I have a Case 580C and I have attached a video of the fuel pump. I do not know what the problem is. I am thinking about blowing air through the return lines toward the fuel tank. I would appreciate any advice regarding the fuel pump. Thanks. John

Replies8
  1. #1thepumpguysc2024-04-27 15:23

    It looks as tho the throttle shaft seal is leaking and dripping from the throttle lever. Try and Google: Stanadyne metering valve.. That might give u an idea of how the throttle comes out and the oring that’s leaking..

  2. #2Pound2024-04-27 15:25

    Thanks! Will I have to remove the fuel pump?

  3. #3thepumpguysc2024-04-27 15:31

    No. But u do have to take off the top cover.. It’s easier to loosen the side cover to lower the fuel level inside the pump..& unless u shut the fuel off or pinch a rubber line, it’ll keep filling the pump..

  4. #4Pound2024-04-27 15:36

    I can access the fuel valve. Okay. I will replace the seals on the throttle shaft.

  5. #5Pound2024-04-27 16:01

    The o-ring is on the throttle shaft assembly?

  6. #6Pound2024-04-27 16:17

    Or the metering valve?

  7. #7thepumpguysc2024-04-27 16:26

    The “seal” is an oring that is both on the throttle shaft and the shut off shaft..2 orings total. If u buy a 24371 gasket kit, they will have them AND extra plastic spacers (2).. that if added, 1 on each side, will reposition where the oring seals in the bore.. There is a clip that holds the throttle to the shut off.. THAT NEEDS TO BE REMOVED before the throttle can come out. Try to find a video..

  8. #8Pound2024-04-27 16:31

    Okay thank you again